What to do in the event of a Motor accident
- You must stop if the incident involves injury to any person or
certain animals, or when other vehicles or roadside properties are
- You must provide your date of birth, name, contact numbers,
registration, make and model of vehicle, registered owner and
policy number if possible.
- Take a careful note of the date and time of the incident along
with weather conditions and road markings etc.
- Take name, contact numbers, address, vehicle details, Insurer
and policy number details from all third parties involved in the
- Note all details of injury to drivers or passengers.
- Note contact details of any witness to the incident.
- Note name, reference and contact numbers for any attending
police. If no police present but injury occurs you must report the
incident to the police immediately.
What to do in the event of a Property Claim
- Note the time and date of the loss or damage including how and
where the occurrence took place.
- Note the name, reference and contact details if police are
- If another Insurer covers the property provide their
What to do in the event of a Liability Claim
- Note the date, time, place and how the incident occurred, along
with names of witnesses.
- Obtain the name, contact details and date of birth of the
injured party and if possible the precise nature of damage or
- If damage is to property obtain an estimate for the cost of